We are doing Christian Kids Explore Biology by Stephanie L. Redmond for science this year. It is an in-depth book with lots of ideas & activities. Some of the links in the book are not terribly current, so I am making my own list of links and supplemental activities. My goal is to do this weekly!
Lesson 2: Cells
- Watch Magic School Bus Goes Cellular-We have this recorded on our DVR or you can watch it on Discovery Streaming.
- Go to Cell's Alive and watch animations.
- Biology 4 kids: take a tour of cells, then take a quiz!
- Brainpop: Fun games
- Cell Structure & Processes
- Virtual Cell: pretty cool
- PowerPoints about Cells- love PowerPoints!
- Cells for Kids: abundance of links
Lesson 5: Food Chain
- Make flashcards using vocabulary words: Herbivore, Carnivore, Omnivore, Decomposer, Producers, Consumer
- watch Movie Clip or The Magic School Gets Eaten
- Food chain game page: a page full of goodies!
- Chain Reaction: put the cards in order to form a chain
- Read this book!
- PowerPoints: lots to choose from!
I will add more as I find them. Do you have any cool links? Leave me a comment and share it with me!