We are cruising through the year, and I can't believe time is flying by. I guess you can tell, its been a great year, in part to our new scheduling system, which is working great for us. We have some great curriculum this year, and I wanted to share it with you, in case you want to check it out!
- Colorful and interesting
- Frequent quizzes and tests to check for comprehension
- Daily timed skill review (optional)
- Great scope and sequence
- Reading the classics
- Also making use of the Kindle app on our iPad
- Gives a great foundation of grammar, punctuation, and the like
- Not great at incorporating writing skills
- The Civil War is the dividing line between volume I and II
- Intense reading with effective illustrations and supplementary activities
- Check out my review here.
Science (Christian Kids Explore Earth & Space)
- Simple format
- Christian worldview; scripture based
- Hands on activities that use basic household items
- See my review here.
Science (Answers for Kids-Bible Curriculum)
- Actually a Bible course
- Starts with Creation and studies the 7 C's of history
- Comes with powerpoint, worksheets, color pages, and more
- I originally bought another curriculum and didn't like it.
- These tutorials are really giving us a better understanding of using chalks.
- Jellyfish has a real interest in playing the piano like his mom.
- These websites are really helping him take off: Piano Lesson 4kids and Piano Lessons
- I am able to fill in the blanks a little and help him along too.
I tried to put links where I could, in case you want to learn more about the item. Hope your year is going great too!